It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.
SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL
Specialist Business Areas
I specialise in working with technology and professional services SMEs and startups. I provide training and one to one mentoring to help promoters to start up and grow their businesses.
My areas of expertise include: Business Plans, Grant applications, Social Media, Networking, Business Strategy, Tenders, Negotiations, Business Model, Goal Setting, Market Research, and Marketing and Sales.
How I can Help You?
If you are thinking about self-employment, starting a business, or are managing your own business, I can provide you with an independent view. I can help you to ‘plan’ and ‘implement’ how you:
– Clarify your Business model …. work with you to figure out how your business will make money.
– Plan for growth … assess new products, new markets and how to target new customer segments as well as build on success to date.
– Work with you to write a business plan which may be required by the banks or Enterprise Agencies. We can discuss what ‘grants’ your business could apply for. I also review business plans (ideally in advance of being submitted to Enterprise Agencies or potential Investors).
– Approach your marketing …. decide on a budget and how to spend your limited resources with the best possible results.
– Manage your Sales process …. organise how you go about getting Sales to include developing a lead management system and brainstorming your message to potential clients.
– Develop a Tender Management process …. organise how you go responding to tenders in terms of: Bid/ No Bid Decision; tender submission document development; and project management.
– Set up your social media …. get your website, blog, twitter, facebook, google+ and linkedin working for your business.
– Set SMART goals for your business …. and discuss Time Management, project planning and task prioritisation so that your business planning pays off in terms of execution and results.
A significant proportion of my work is repeat business both from Enterprise Agencies for training and mentoring and also from private clients. I like to think that this is because of the quality of the process followed and outputs delivered.
I work with a small number of clients – both startups and microenterprise – on dedicated projects for defined periods to produce specific results. This helps me to manage my diary and ensure that I can deliver on commitments to customers. I feel that I can work with one client on many aspects of their business – I like to keep track of how they are getting on after we finish our work together.
Contact me to discuss how I can assist your business.
Part of the Galway Startup Support Ecosystem
I have operated as a Sole Trader providing independent business advice and consultancy in Galway since 2010. I am involved in 3 initiatives with the express intention of contributing to Galway’s startup ecosystem.
A. Bizmentors Galway
Based in SCCUL Enterprise Centre, Ballybane Bizmentors offers pro bono mentoring to small business. I am a mentor, a member of the Advisory Bord and also a judge for the SCCUL Awards.
B. Galway Startup Digest
Is a bi-weekly email digest of Startup related events in Galway which I have curated since 2014.
C. Startup Galway Pitches Meetup
Is a Meetup Group that meets mornings of last Friday of the month to practice real Pitches – Sales, Investment or Agency Supports. Free to join and participate!
Contact me to discuss how I can assist your business