It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.
SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL
Specialist Business Areas
I specialise in working with technology and professional services SMEs and startups. I provide training and one to one mentoring to help promoters to start up and grow their businesses. For more see my Client Services overview which are broken down into Training and Mentoring.
My areas of expertise include: Business Plans, Grant applications, Social Media, Networking, Business Strategy, Tenders, Negotiations, Business Model, Goal Setting, Market Research, and Marketing and Sales.
How I can Help You?
If you are thinking about self-employment, starting a business, or are managing your own business, I can provide you with an independent view. I can help you to ‘plan’ and ‘implement’ how you:
– Clarify your Business model* …. work with you to figure out how your business will make money.
– Plan for growth … assess new products, new markets and how to target new customer segments as well as build on success to date.
– Work with you to write a business plan which may be required by the banks or Enterprise Agencies. We can discuss what ‘grants’ your business could apply for. I also review business plans (ideally in advance of being submitted to Enterprise Agencies or potential Investors)
– Approach your marketing …. decide on a budget and how to spend your limited resources with the best possible results.
– Manage your Sales process …. organise how you go about getting Sales to include developing a lead management system and brainstorming your message to potential clients.
– Develop a Tender Management process …. organise how you go responding to tenders in terms of: Bid/ No Bid Decision; tender submission document development; and project management.
– Set SMART goals for your business …. and discuss Time Management, project planning and task prioritisation so that your business planning pays off in terms of execution and results.
* Feel free to check out the Downloads available on this website to include an Editable Business Model Canvas.
A significant proportion of my work is repeat business both from Enterprise Agencies for training and mentoring and also from private clients. I like to think that this is because of the quality of the process followed and outputs delivered.
I work with a small number of clients – both startups and microenterprise – on dedicated projects for defined periods to produce specific results. This helps me to manage my diary and ensure that I can deliver on commitments to customers. I feel that I can work with one client on many aspects of their business – I like to keep track of how they are getting on after we finish our work together.
Contact me to discuss how I can assist your business.
Part of the Galway Startup Support Ecosystem
I have operated as a Sole Trader providing independent business advice and consultancy in Galway since 2010. I am involved in 2 initiatives with the express intention of contributing to Galway’s startup ecosystem.
A. Bizmentors Galway
Based in SCCUL Enterprise Centre, Ballybane Bizmentors offers pro bono mentoring to small business. I am a mentor, a member of the Advisory Bord and also a judge for the SCCUL Awards.
B. Galway Startup Digest
Is a bi-weekly email digest of Startup related events in Galway which I have curated since 2014.
Contact me to discuss how I can assist your business