At some point, most businesses will need a business plan . One of my core services is the preparation of professional business plans for startup promoters and SMEs. I also deliver training on Business Plan Preparation.
1. One Day Business Plan Preparation Workshop
This workshop will outline how to write a business plan to secure investment, apply for funding such as a bank loan or enterprise agency support in order to exploit an identified business opportunity. The one day (six hours) programme will be of benefit to established businesses wishing to introduce new products and business promoters who are actively planning to set up a new business to include those considering Self Employment and/or applying for the Short Term Enterprise Allowance.
– To provide a recognised template for investor ready business plans
– To discuss the principal reasons why business plans are prepared
– To address each section of the business plan in an integrated and comprehensive fashion
– To outline an approach to writing a Business Plan
– To provide a template for creating Financial Projections
– To discuss how investors and bank view Business Plans
On completion of this one day programme, the participants will have:
· A greater understanding of the importance of the business plan
· Completed an Executive Summary for their Business
· Have points for each section of their Business Plan
The workshop is structured into two major sections:
The first part of the workshop concentrates on the Business Plan template – an example business plan concerning a fictitious business will be sent to all participants by email.
Each section of the Business Plan will be discussed. Participants will be facilitated to compile a list of points for each section of their business plan.
• Executive Summary
• Promoters and other information
• Background Information + Reason for Writing the Plan
• The Product / Service
• Market Opportunity
• Marketing Strategy
• Management Team
• Strategy for future growth
• Action Plan
• Financial Schedules
The second part of the workshop discusses how to take a Business Plan to the next level. It firstly addresses how an investor will assess a business plan. The key part of this session is to provide a template for developing financial projections.
I aim to ensure that my workshops are both rewarding and enjoyable i.e. challenging, informative, creative and act as a stimulus for proactive change. I will be available to follow up with participants by email and/or by phone for several weeks after each programme.